Monday, July 5, 2010

Day Dreams about Arched Doorways

One the architectural features I really love are arched doorways. As I was working on some home improvement projects that are already in progress this weekend, I started day dreaming about possible future projects.

I found this great video on making a square doorway in an arched doorway using a kit.

The kits in the video are located at curvemakers.

There are lots of great choices but I prefer the ones that have the premade columns since these require minimal tools. I am really impressed with how much these add to the doorway. Of course right now I do not have the time or the funds for this type of project but I can build castles in the airs

I can see it now - my home with arched doorways and maybe some round topped doors. A house to make any hobbit proud. It could be wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment