Monday, June 1, 2009

Home Improvements

We have been spending every spare moment for months working on our house. I did not know that it was possible to be sore in every muscle in your body at once. I am walking with the grace of C3PO and I lost feeling in my finger tips weeks ago. Everything has been painted, repaired replaced, polished and organized. My kitchen is a masterpiece of organization; everything is grouped by function. It took days and now it is too good to use. I just want to admire the neat little rows of glasses, the Tupperware that now has lids, the appliances that have all their attachments lined up awaiting orders and the flowerbeds that do not yet need to be weeded or replanted.

We still have a few items left, painting is forever since there is always one more place to "touch up". I still need to organize my files but right now I plan to spend time watching other people fix up their homes on HGTV. Home repair is much more enjoyable when it is a spectator sport.

No comments:

Post a Comment